If the panel keeps showing "connecting," and does not respond at all.
Please reboot the machine and try again.
If the issue still exists, please turn off the machine and reflash the SD card.
1. Remove the screw and open the right cover.
2. Lift the plate, find the micro SD card on the mainboard, and identify the motherboard version. (black version or green version)
3. Download the system ISO file that needs to reflash into the SD card from the link below:
Click here for the green version. (Firmware 3.5.1, use zip file directly)
Click here for the black version (Firmware 4.0.24, use zip file directly)
4. Download the software for the burn process: Windows/macOS is generally burnt in the same way. Please select the corresponding software according to your operating system. The link is as follows –
5. Connect a card reader to your computer, and plug in the SD card to the reader.
There is no need to format the SD card before the burning process.
Activate the burn process software, and select your operating system to begin.
This process will take around 20-30 minutes.
6. After completing the burn process, please insert the SD card back into the machine, power it on, and let the machine run for a while. The burning process will be completed during this time.
If, after inserting the SD card and powering it on, you encounter a blue screen, as mentioned below, it signifies a failed burning process or an incorrect file version. In this case, please proceed with re-flashing the firmware.
*NOTE: When the burn process is completed, do NOT cut off the power supply before the first activation. This process might damage the system files previously burnt or cause the SD card to malfunction.
7. If you are Beambox Pro, please send a task(try to engrave one object). And the workspace will change to the Pro version.