Accessory Kit: ① little wrench ② funnel
Laser Tube Box: ⑧ laser tube hose plug ⑥ cable ties
Prepare On Your Own: ③ Philips screwdriver ⑤ diagonal pliers ④ needle-nose pliers ①⓪water container ⑨ towel
Unplug power before operation.
1. Remove the back lid by unscrewing the 6-star screws with the hex key in the Accessory Kit.
There are two ends on a laser tube. The one with the red wire which is closer to the touch screen is called the high-voltage side. The other next to the first mirror is called the low voltage side.
2. Find the white connector on the high-voltage side. Twist open the connector and disconnect it.
3. Find the white terminal near the low-voltage side. Press the button on the white terminal to release and remove the cable connected to the low voltage
4. Remove the screws of the tube holder on both sides.
5. Use pliers to move the hose clamp away from the laser tube.
6. Take the laser tube out of the chassis and place the low-voltage side above a container.
7. Disconnect the hose from the tube and drain the water. Clog the hose by a plug when done.
8. Place a towel on the high-voltage side.
9. Cut the cable tie on the end of the hose with diagonal pliers or scissors.
10. Pull off the hose and clog the end.
Avoid spilling water into the machine. If it happens, wipe away the moisture and wait till the machine entirely dries up before operating.
11. The laser tube is now fully disconnected and can be entirely removed.
12. Place the new laser tube and connect the hoses on both ends.
13. Zip the high-voltage end by a cable tie and clamp the other end using the original metal hose clamp.
▲ Zip the high-voltage end by a cable tie
▲ clamp the low-voltage end using the original metal hose clamp
Release the metal clamp slowly to prevent the reaction force from damaging the laser tube.
14. Reconnect the white connector on the high- voltage side. Plug in the wire to the terminal on the low-voltage side and make sure the wire gets clamped firmly and does not fell off. Check the wire if firmly clamped by the terminal.
▲ reconnect the white connector on the high- voltage side.
▲ check the wire if firmly clamped by the terminal
15. Place the laser tube into the chassis. Make sure the gap is wider than a finger on both ends of the tube. The terminal on the laser tube which connected to the thick red wire should point upward. Install the screws of the tube holder clip and make sure the tube is fastened firmly.
Make sure the terminal of the red cable points upward instead of another angle. Do not let the end of the tube touch or close to the side of the chassis. A wrong placement for the tube may cause a voltage leak.
16. Make sure everything is properly installed. Turn on the machine when ready.
Do not touch the area near the high voltage side on the tube to prevent electric shock.
17. Press "Maintain" and the laser head will go to home position. Press "Pump" and the cooling water will be pumped into the laser tube.
Beware not to press "Laser". Do not put finger near the laser beam outlet.
18. Unplug power and open the cap of the water tank with the small wrench. Fill the tank with a funnel and seal it back.
▲ Use the little wrench to open the tank.
▲ use the little wrench to open the tank
19. Repeat Step 11 and 12 until the level of the tank no longer goes down. Then the replacement is complete.