This chapter will introduce the machine interface and the seven key functions.
Machine status checking
The status bar shows the connection status of the machine, whether it is connected to Beam Air or not as well as the temperature, water flow and door opening/closing status when the work is in progress. Most of the time, clicking on the status bar will return to the home page, during carving will reorganize the page.
Work file manager
There are two ways to transfer the working tasks, either by Beam Studio software or by USB flash drive, both of which can be used to find and use the files from "START" after transfer.
1. Tasks sent to the machine from Beam Studio : “Built-in Memory” > “Recent” > specific tasks.
The machine can record up to 15 tasks sent by the software Beam Studio, and recent-01.fc will be the latest task sent.
2. Files read from USB flash drives : USB flash drives > specific tasks.
There is no limit to the number of files that can be viewed on a USB flash drive.
When you click a Work/File, the actual position of the image in the working area, the estimated working time, and the real-time power and speed setting multiplier will be displayed on the screen.
The starting point can be set manually before work, and the power rate and speed rate can be set instantly during work. Manual start point setting: The start point is the zero position (0,0), click > Move the laser head to the appropriate position through the control panel > OK.
Mechanical switch for maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting
Maintenance and repair will enter the MAINTAIN page, mainly for hardware switch and signal display, it is highly recommended to read the subsequent maintenance chapter or through the customer service guide before operation.
- Camera >> Enable the camera and the camera shot will be shown on the panel
- Power >> Increase or decrease the power rate manually.
- Speed >> Increase or decrease the power rate manually.
- Motors >> Disable the X & Y motors. If this is disabled you can move the laser head freely by hand, but the control panel above will be disabled. You will have to perform homing again in order to use the control panel above.
- Air Pump >> Enable or disable air pump
- Pump >> Enable or disable the water pump
- Ventilator >> Enable or disable the ventilation fan
- Backlight >> Test screen’s backlight (Screen will go black for a few seconds)
- TouchSig >> Test touch signal (Touch function will be disabled for a few seconds)
- Cam Led >> Turn on or off the LED fill light for the camera
- Work Led >> Turn on or off the LED light in the work area.
- Laser Pulse >> Fire the laser tube. It’s mostly used for optical path adjustment and testing the laser tube’s health.
Matching mobile devices and machines
After downloading the mobile version of Beam Go and connecting your mobile device to the same wireless network, click on the APP and scan the QR code to pair your mobile device with your machine.
* Beam Go is the mobile version of the Beam Studio software for mobile devices
Network status checking, network settings
Network IP address can be confirmed and whether the Wi-Fi dongle or the Ethernet cable is normal (the MAC address has a value when normal).
Advanced Settings : You can set the Static IP manually for the machine, which requires filling in the IP address, subnet mask and router.
Start Remote Assistance : Guided by customer service.
Note： When using a wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired network (except for Direct connection), the machine can automatically obtain an IP address through DHCP (for general users) or be manually set to a Static IP.
Machine name search, language, and hardware related settings
If you have any questions, please click "HELP CENTER", scan the QR code, and find possible solutions from the Help Center of FLUX official website.
Once the connection password is set, it is required to enter the connection password in the software when connecting to the machine for the first time, and it can be modified and cancelled.
Clicking "Update to the latest Firmware" will update the firmware to the latest beta version. In addition to updating the firmware using the machine, you can also update the machine's firmware through the software interface. See【Software Operation】 "Menu" - "Machines" Or update the machine's firmware through the USB flash drive. (storage size <= 64GB, with format as FAT32; rename the firmware file downloaded from the website as autoupdate.fxfw. Restart the machine after plugging the USB flash drive into a USB port in the back of the machine.）
Help Center access