This guide will help you to check if your computer is in the right wifi settings, and mean time can help us to solve your problem.
1. Make sure the wifi green light on FLUX Delta is already steady on and you have upgraded to latest firmware.
2. Download and run DiscoverDiagnosis1.1.exe
If your FLUX Delta shows up in the list without entering IP, but not shown in FLUX Studio, mostly your firewall or antivirus is blocking FLUX Studio from connecting the network.
3. Find the IP Address of your FLUX Delta
The ip address displays in the DHCP Table in your router's control panel, and see if there is a raspberrypi device. To find where the DHCP table is, kindly google "DHCP table + Your router's model name"
If your FLUX Delta doesn't show in the router's DHCP table, the wifi setting may be incorrect, this guide at least will make your FLUX Delta shown on your router's DHCP table.
4. Enter the IP Address in top right textbox and click Ping multiple times
5. See if your FLUX Delta pops out in the list.
If your Delta pops out in the list
It means your wifi configuration is correct and there is something wrong with the IGMP protocol or firewall issue.
Kindly press Refresh Network and restart FLUX Studio to see if it works. If not, kindly add an IP to the firewall white lists. We'll release an update for you to assign FLUX Delta's IP, and hopefully solve this issue permanently.
If not ( but IP is shown on the DHCP table )
Make sure you disabled 3rd party firewall or antivirus then try again