Replacement Needed :
Preparation Items :
1. The degradation of the laser tube.
2. The failure of the laser tube which has no laser beam output as well as generates a cracking sound. Laser tube are classed as consumables, the degradation is normal due to the use of power, storage time, and other factors. The higher the power setting, the faster the laser tube degradation.
1 | Phillips screwdriver
2 | Needle nose pliers
3 | Diagonal pliers
4 | Water container
5 | Paper towel or rag
6 | 75%~99% alcohol
7 | Vacuum cleaner or high-pressure spray gun ( If you have one, it is better. )
Included in the accessory box :
8 | Torx screwdriver
9 | Double head wrench
10 | Funnel
11 | 3mm hexagonal wrench
Included in the laser tube box :
12 | 2.5mm hexagonal wrench
13 | Cable tie
14 | Water pipe plug
15 | Laser tube
Replacement Steps :
1. Disconnect the laser tube wires : Unscrew and disconnect the white connector on the high-voltage side > Press the white terminal and pull out the ground wire on the low-voltage side.
2. Loosen the laser tube holders : Use a 3mm hexagonal wrench to loosen a total of 4 screws on the laser tube holders.
3. Take the laser tube out to drain :
a. Use needle nose pliers to move the hose clamp from the low-voltage side toward
the center of the water hose >
b. Use diagonal pliers to remove the cable tie holding the water hose > Move the laser tube out of the chassis >
c. Aim the water hose on the low-voltage side at the water container, and then pull out the hose to drain the water (when the water outlet position of the low-voltage side is lower than that of the high-voltage side, the liquid will be discharged due to siphon principle) >
d. When the drainage is completed, clog the water outlet by a water pipe plug.
4. Remove the laser tube :
a. To avoid water leakage, place a rag or paper towel under the high-voltage side > Use diagonal pliers to remove the cable tie fixing the water hose >
b. Pull out the water hose on the high voltage-side and insert a water pipe plug >
c. Remove the laser tube completely.
5. Place the laser tube and water hose in :
a. Place the laser tube according to the picture >
b. Remove the water pipe plug on the high-voltage side and put the water hose on the glass tube > Remove the water pipe plug on the low-voltage side and put the water hose on the glass tube.
6. Fix the water hose on the laser tube :
Fix the water hose at the high-voltage side on the glass tube with a cable tie > Tighten the cable tie and cut off the excess cable tie with a pair of diagonal pliers > Fix the water hose at the low-voltage side on the glass tube with a cable tie > Tighten the cable tie and cut off the excess cable tie with a pair of diagonal pliers > Put the metal hose clamp back.
7. Connect the laser tube wire : Connect the white connector on the high-voltage side with a red wire back and tighten it > Press down the white terminal on the low-voltage side and insert the ground wire firmly > Release the white terminal and gently pull the ground wire to check if it is stable.
8. Tighten the laser tube holders back :
a. Place the laser tube in position, leaving a finger distance between the head and tail ends > Rotate the red terminal on the high-voltage side towards the inside of the machine chassis > Make sure there is no folds or kinks of the water hoses
b. Use a 3mm hexagonal wrench to tighten a total of 4 screws on the laser tube holders > Gently shake the laser tube to make sure it will not shift left and right and forwards and backward.
9. Plug in the power cord and start the machine : After confirming the installation is correct, you can plug in the power cord and start the machine.
10. Activate the“Pump” : After the machine is turned on, click “MAINTAIN” on the screen > Click “Pump” after the laser head is homed. Then the cooling water will start to enter the laser tube and the water level of the water pump will drop.
11. Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord : When the water level of the water pump is 1/4 left, turn off the machine and unplug the power cord before adding the water manually.
12. Add water manually : Use the double head wrench to open the water pump cap > Put in the funnel > Fill the water pump with distilled water.
13. Tighten the water pump cap back : Repeat steps 9 ~ 12 until the water pump level reaches 80% full and the water level no longer drops due to the adding into the laser tube, then use the double head wrench to tighten the water pump cap back to complete the laser tube replacement procedure.