For your own safety, please turn off the machine and unplug it.
①Autofocus Add-on ②Allen Key ③Star Wrench(In original beamo package)
1. Cut the plastic strap which holds the cable.
2. Loosen the laser head focus ring and remove the laser head.
3. Loosen 4 screws that hold the laser module to the track with the Allen key.
4. Remove both the camera cable and LED wire.
5. Remove the third reflection mirror with the Allen key.
▲Third Reflection Mirror
6. Remove two screws on the autofocus
7. Plug the camera wire and the LED wire in Circle 1 and Circle 2.
(Tip: Plug camera line first then the LED wire)
8. Gather the wires to the side and hold it with the plastic strap.
9. Position the autofocus module back on the track by tightening the four screws with the Allen key.
10. Lock the third reflection mirror back on.
(Tip: Don’t lock the screws all the way down, halfway should be enough)
11. Take out the honeycomb and push the laser head all the way up (see red arrow in the image) and lock the laser head back on, the screw is on the left. (see blue arrow in the image)
12. Start the machine. And place the honeycomb back after the laser head lifts up.
13. Check if the optical path is aligned. See the optical path alignment guide.
14. Lock the screws of the autofocus module back on.
15. To start using autofocus, please refer to Using the Autofocus Module for basic setups in Beam Studio.
Reminder: Do NOT press Cam Led after installing autofocus.
The camera led will automatically be on once the machine is turned on. Pressing Cam Led will not turn off the camera led, but will instead cut the power that was supposed to make the autofocus work. Thus, the laser head will not move at all, and you will have to press Cam Led one more time to turn on the power.
See next: Autofocus Usage Guide