Beam Studio Tutorial :
After completing the Beam Studio tutorial, users can carve round and square shapes out from the wood piece.
Preparation Items :
Engraving Material：3mm wood piece (included in the accessory box).
Note - To ensure that the engraving results are not affected by the order of execution, there are two recommendation :
1. Engraving before cutting : the order of work execution is from the top to the bottom of the layer, make sure the engraving layer is on top and the cutting layer is on the bottom to avoid the wrong focus of engraving caused by the collapse of the object after cutting, which will affect the engraving result.
2. As shown below, if there are multiple cut objects in the same layer, and there is an inner and outer relationship, then the inner objects will be cut first, and then the outer objects will be cut; if object a is in object b, then object a will be cut first and then object b.
0. Select "Yes" if you would like to start the Beam Studio tutorial.
1. Switch to Preview Mode :
Tap the Camera Preview icon on the left > Select the machine in use.
2. Preview the Platform :
a. Put the wood piece
b. Adjust the focal
c. Close the door cover
d. Preview the range of engraving material : click on the working interface or select a preview range
3. End Preview Mode : Select “End Preview” 。
4. Draw a Rectangle : Select a “Rectangle (M）” to draw a square in Layer 1 and press Shift to square it.
5. Drag to Draw : Drag to draw a square in the working interface.
6. Switch to Layer Panel : Switch to the layer to set the parameters.
7. Set Preset : Wood - Cutting : “Wood - 3mm Cutting”.
8. Add a New Layer : The new layer name is Layer 2.
9. Draw a Circle : Select “Oval (L)” to draw a circle in layer 2 and press Shift to make a circle.
10. Drag to Draw : Drag to draw a circle in the working interface.
11. Turn on Infill : Turn on the infill function
12. Switch to Layer Panel : Switch to the layer to set the parameters.
13. Set Preset : Wood - Engraving : “Wood - Engraving”.
14. Send the File :
a. Confirm the parameters and layer settings.
b. Select the name of the machine in use.
c. Click “Start” to execute the engraving and cutting process.