If you've purchased FLUX Delta+，please refer to this link.
*FLUX Support Team want to say Thank You to our Kickstarter backer Chris Mielke for helping us accomplish this Quick Guide.
Thank you very much for choosing Flux Delta!
Following article may help you quickly understand and using your FLUX Delta, we hope that you will have a pleasing moment with it.
Before the flux arrives
1. Install Flux Studio - Download Link
*You may want to try the "Stable" version at first, but "Latest" may have some useful fixes
3. Have any STL files downloaded that you want to print.
If you're searching through thingiverse.com, look for things that have MANY "mades" with them and are small for quick printing speed.
Once you get everything open
1. Check the contents
The Manual within FLUX Delta package has listed all contents of the device. Please check if there's something missing.
Besides the standard accessories shown in the user manual, there are several accessories we attached for free for providing a better machine performance.
Generally, after printing every 30 hours, the friction of the magnetic joints will increase and further influence the printing performance. Therefore, when you find the printing performance not ideal (e.g., rough surface, under extrusion), you could apply some lubricant to the 12 magnetic joints. Which will greatly improve the printing quality and reduce the rate of failure.
(2) Print Removable Tool
When you find the print hard to remove from the base plate, you could use this tool to remove the print. Also, it is very useful while removing the raft. But remember to be careful when you use this tool and don't get injured!
(3) Filament Tube
There are two filament tubes inside the top cap. One is with a connector is for connecting to the printing toolhead, and another one is for the filament spool.
According to the tests done by our engineers, inserting the filament into a tube before inserting it into the extruder largely enhance the ability of extrusion. It decreases the friction between the spool and the metal surface, and improves the printing performance a lot!
2. Plug in the power and update firmware
- Plug in the USB drive only (don't plug in anything else)
- Unplug and replug the power - Only way to reboot device
- Let the firmware upgrade. Do the next steps while that's happening. (Should take about 3-5 minutes)
3. Get all accessories ready
- Connect the filament tube with bushings to the extruder.
- Cut your filament tip at a 45 degree angle to sharpen it to a point.
- Feed the spool filament through the other filament tube like this.
- Dip each metal rod ball (both ends) in the metal lubricant, and attach to the outside and the extruder.
- Rub 2 coats of the glue stick on the UNPRINTED (without the grid) side the metal plate. Just make sure to get the center area unless you're doing a large print. It's recommended to let each coat dry.
Once the firmware is upgraded
1. Boot up Flux Studio
- Connect the computer with the micro USB cable, and set the wifi.
FLUX Delta is designed for internet accessing, which works best with environment with Wi-Fi. However, if you don't have Wi-Fi access, there are three solutions we recommend.
Method 1: Just install a wireless router ( Wi-Fi AP )
This is the simplest and best way to work with FLUX Delta. It may need a little investment, about $20USD on Amazon. Set up the wireless router and configure FLUX Delta to connect it, and you are good to go! Standard WiFi setting : Chapter 1: WiFi Setup Guide
Method 2: Connect FLUX Delta through ethernet
To achieve better connection speed, you can use USB ethernet adapter ( ~ $10USD ) to connect FLUX Delta to your local network.In order to initialized the machine, you have to use FLUX Studio to set the name and password of FLUX Delta at first. And after you connect FLUX to your local network, you should see your FLUX in the device list of FLUX Studio.
Method 3: Set FLUX Delta as Wi-Fi Station ( AP Mode )
You can plug a Wi-Fi dongo to your desktop computer, and config FLUX Delta as Wi-Fi Station with FLUX Studio. The AP mode works in a rather short distance, which works only in 2m distance in an environment full of interference. If you are not satisfied with the connection speed, you can always configure FLUX Delta with method 1 or 2.
Method 4: Use the new FLUX USB Cable
Please purchase in our online store. https://flux3dp.com/product/flux-usb-cable/
- Run through the setup tutorial, including loading the filament
- Print the tutorial item, or the item you want.
2. Once you've printed a few models, or earlier
- Update the firmware on the toolheads. You'll have to do the extruder and laser toolhead separately.
3. Using the laser engraver
- If you encounter Laser head tilted, please go to Troubleshooting: #116 Engraving toolhead tilt detected.
- Accurately measure the height of the object. A digital caliper can help - amazon
A lot of other people have probably ran across the problem you're having already. Many problems are problems people with any 3D Printer would have, but some are specific to the Flux Delta.
- Help Center
- Web Form - It is always suggested to contact us with the web form, which gives us a basic information for processing your questions in advance.
- Help/ Basic Knowledge of FLUX Delta
- Help/ Ch1: WiFi Setup Guide
- Help/ Ch2: Printing Like a King
- Help/ Ch3: Engraving with Laser
- Help/ Ch4: Scanning the reality
- Help/ Ch5: The Drawing Robot
Global User Map
Micro-USB Pops Out / USB Device not detected
Steady green light, but can not detect FLUX Delta
Warping / Plate adhesion
USB Drive Printing
Melted printing toolhead bottom
Wear on rods
Toolhead not detected
Laser not detected
Scanning laser pops out
DHL / Importing